POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reflective sphere on checkered plane (Track test plus cracked concrete ) : Re: reflective sphere on checkered plane (Track test plus cracked concrete ) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflective sphere on checkered plane (Track test plus cracked concrete )
From: Dan P
Date: 4 Apr 2004 20:23:53
Message: <4070a719$1@news.povray.org>
John D. Gwinner wrote:
>>Awesome texturing!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tracks or the concrete?

I was thinkin' the wheels and the landscape looked cool. Adding a normal
{ bumps scale <0.1, 0.1, 0.1> } to the wheels and turning down the
specular a bit might make it look more like rubber too.

> Is the concrete too 'stained' or does it look OK? I was going to tone it
> down a bit.

I think it looks great! :-) I'm not sure what some of the circular spots
are yet, though -- I was thinking they were shadows at first.

Also, you'll find reflective spheres look better if they have just a bit
less than 1 reflection -- in nature, reflection 1 is not possible (not
even with a mirror) and the eye can see that. Plus, it adds a little bit
of depth too.

>>Can't wait to see the little green martians gettin' squished underneath
>>:-D
>

> he he ... well, it's not that but I can't tell yet
>
>         == John ==

Aw :-( IMBJR isn't the /only/ guy who wants to see blood and guts (as
long it is green!) :-P
--
Respectfully,
Dan P